Skip to Content

Construction Worker Electrocuted In Kuta Bali

Share The Article

A construction worker from Mataram, Lombok, I Gede Sukarda (46) faced a near-death accident as he was electrocuted at a construction site in Bali. 

Sukarda lost consciousness after getting electrocuted on the roof of Rip Curl Shop on Jalan Raya Legian, Kuta, at midnight on Thursday (21/1).

construction on Bali road

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yaika)

According to information from witnesses, the incident occurred as Sukarda was attempting to fix a leaking roof of the Rip Curl Shop that morning.

Prior to the incident, a senior construction worker named Minto Ali Fatoni (aged 44) warned the victim to be cautious while on the roof as electric wires containing high voltage of electricity surrounded the area.

Fatoni even asked him to have a lunch break, but he decided to go upstairs and keep working.

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yaika)

“Unfortunately he applied the leak proof material on the wrong surface,” said one of the witnesses.

Once he completed the job, Sukarda tried to stand up and accidentally made contact with the electrical wires around him.

The wires blew up and Sukarda was helplessly stuck in between.

After 15 minutes, Sukarda was finally released from the scene and rushed to Siloam Hospital by ambulance. He gained consciousness but suffered serious burns on his back. 

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yaika)

Meanwhile the Head of Denpasar Public Relation Police Officer, Iptu I Ketut Sukadi, confirmed that the incident occured, but refused to comment.

“I will check the details of this incident first before making a statement,” Ketut Sukadi said.

police in Bali

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yaika)

Read Today’s Breaking News Headlines In Bali

For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community

bali sun group