Skip to Content

Bali Governor Confirms Covid Variants On The Island

Share The Article

Last Updated

Bali Governor, I Wayan Koster has announced that the new types of Coronavirus have been transmitted into Bali.

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

Koster explained the new types of Corona virus such as B.1.351. from South Africa and B.1.1.7. From England were transmitted into Bali recently, causing death to one of the patients that was being treated at the Sanglah Public Hospital. “One of the patients from the Badung District who was confirmed positive with the new variant of Coronavirus B.1.351. from South Africa died after being treated at Sanglah Hospital.” Koster said on Tuesday (4/5).

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

He also said that the patient who died at the Sanglah Hospital had not received Covid-19 vaccine prior to the infection. Meanwhile the other patient from Denpasar who was confirmed positive with the Corona virus B.1.1.7. from England has already recovered, and that person was released from the hospital. “The other patient who was infected with the new type of Coronavirus from England has already recovered, and I was informed that the person was already vaccinated before infection.” Koster add

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

Koster was informed about the transmission directly from the Indonesian Health Minister, Budi Gunadi Sadikin on the 3rd of May 2021. Those new types of the virus were detected from an observation that was conducted by The Indonesian Research and Development of the Health Ministry. As a response, Bali Health Agency began to track anyone who previously had a contact with the patients prior to their infection to reduce the risk of creating another transmission in the island. Koster also reminds Bali people to keep following the prevention protocols and supporting the vaccination program to prevent Covid-19 cases to surge before the border reopens in near future

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

Read Today’s Breaking News Headlines In Bali

For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community

bali sun group
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS

Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.

A 30-year-old man named Rayan Jawad Henri Bitar from France who has been arrested for possession of narcotics and firearms in Bali will face 20 years of imprisonment.
Previous
Expat Arrested For Narcotics And Firearm Possession Will Face 20 Years Imprisonment
Bali authorities have apprehended a 60-year-old man named Albani from Italy for being homeless and begging in Bali since the Covid-19 pandemic struck.
Next
Bali Authorities Apprehend Homeless Expat

Paul Morris

Thursday 6th of May 2021

Well Governor Koster it’s time to stop misleading your people about opening up of Bali to International tourists it’s not going to happen this year. Countries all around the world are experiencing massive surges from this virus and shutting down their economies to try to save as many people as possible if what you are saying is true about the other variants are in Bali then your people are in serious trouble and the Chinese vaccine won’t help you, the efficacy % for this vaccine is 50.2% and that’s why the WHO are still yet to give their stamp of approval to use it. At least you can try to help the Balinese people by giving them money to pay for food and other things they need, if you don’t do something to help them soon there won’t be a Bali to go back to.

Wayan Bo

Thursday 6th of May 2021

Was expected already, Indian virus mutation could follow.