Local vendors of Kuta Beach have protested the policy that was recently implemented to permanently close 17 beach’ entrances.
As The Bali Sun previously reported officials of Kuta Village have recently set a daily limit for visitors on Kuta Beach by utilizing the PeduliLindungi tracing app at several entrances to the beach area, and permanently closing other entrances with concrete walls, to prevent Kuta Beach from reaching its maximum capacity during the Covid-19 pandemic.
As a result, several local vendors who have been running their small businesses near the entrance points started protesting as they’ve been directly affected by this new beach policy. In response to this protest, Official of Kuta Village, I Wayan Wasista stated that the policy wasn’t meant to disrupt the economic activity of local vendors in that area as he had already informed and explained the purpose of this policy prior to the implementation.
“I’ve previously explained that this policy wasn’t meant to reduce the local vendors’ income as the distance between each entrance point is only 100 meters. I also often faced a dilemma of closing the gates or keeping them open.” Wasista said on Monday (4/10).
The closure was implemented to prevent people from entering the beach area without scanning the QR code upon their arrivals.
He also said that the government has been paying close attention to the implementation of prevention protocols in Kuta Beach as one of the most popular tourist attractions on the island. “We are being monitored by the government, so the only way to keep the tourism activity running is to implement this policy.” Wasista concluded.
Plan Your Next Bali Vacation:
Book The Best English Speaking Drivers For Airport Transfers & Tours
Choose From Thousands of Bali Hotels, Resorts, and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.