A Local art shop that is located in Kuta on Jalan Bisma Number 40C caught on fire on Friday morning (6/8), resulting in the owner losing thousands of dollars.
The Head of the Denpasar Public Relation Officer, Iptu I Ketut Sukadi confirmed that the incident occurred on Friday morning around 11:00am. The fire caused the local vendor to lose thousands of dollars. “According to our investigation, the incident occurred due to a short circuit in the building’s electrical system, causing an art shop called Ika Collection’s to lose a lot of their goods.” Iptu Sukadi said on Friday (6/8).
According to the information from a witness named Ni Wayan Sukerti (aged 52) who has been working at a laundry service that is located across from the art shop, Sukerti started to notice that something was wrong when she sa black smoke that appeared to be coming through the art shops ventilation that morning. “When the witness spotted the smoke, she immediately shouted for help, people came and attempted to put out the fire before firefighters arrived at the scene, but they had very limited equipment.” Iptu Sukadi added.
Shortly after, firefighters from the Badung Fire Department arrived at the location and finally managed to extinguish the fire that had already caused significant damage. However, Iptu Sukadi was thankful that nobody was injured from the incident. “Thankfully, nobody was hurt during the incident, even though the shop owner could potentially lose around thousands of dollars.” Iptu Sukadi concluded.
Plan Your Next Bali Vacation:
Book The Best English Speaking Drivers For Airport Transfers & Tours
Choose From Thousands of Bali Hotels, Resorts, and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.