Skip to Content

French National Seriously Injured From A Blast At His House In Bali

Share The Article

A 34-year-old man named Hugo Gaetan Quentin Houthoofd from France has been rushed to the hospital after getting seriously injured from a blast that occurred inside his house.

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

The Head of South Kuta Police Department, Kompol Yusak Agustinus Sooai confirmed that the incident occured at a house that is located on Perum Puri Gading Blok Palem B30, Jimbaran on Tuesday morning (1/6). “The incident occurred on Tuesday morning around 6:30am, causing serious injury to a French national and damaging parts of his house.” Kompol Yusak said on Tuesday (1/6).

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

The incident started when Hugo attempted to boil water to make tea after waking up this morning, but unfortunately he was unaware that there was a gas leak in the kitchen. An explosion occurred when he ignited his stove, causing damage to the house that he has been renting for over 1.5 years as well as serious injuries all over his body. Hugo’s wife, Elouise Fiona Michelle (aged 30) from Stafford, England was shocked as she heard the blast from the bedroom on the second floor.

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

Shortly after, one of Hugo’s neighbors, Nick Timotius (aged 38) rushed Hugo to Siloam Hospital with his car before he was referred to Sanglah Public Hospital to get the medical attention that he needed. Meanwhile the Head of the Badung Fire Fighter, I Wayan Wirya confirmed that the incident was caused by a leaking gas can in Hugo’s kitchen. “According to our investigation, the gas can had been leaking since the night before. And it exploded once he turned on the stove this morning.” Wirya concluded. Wirya reminds people to prevent similar incidents from occurring by opening their doors and windows before using their stove, especially if there is gas or other combustible material stored inside the house.

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

Read Today’s Breaking News Headlines In Bali

For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community

bali sun group
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS

Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.

Denpasar Officials have confirmed that among 43 villages in Denpasar city, 15 of them have turned into green zone areas of Covid-19 transmissions.
Previous
Officials Confirm That 15 Denpasar Villages Are Now Covid-19 Green Zones
Bali Police Officer Arrested For Alleged Drug Trafficking
Next
Bali Police Officer Arrested For Alleged Drug Trafficking

Sinead Ronan

Sunday 13th of June 2021

Poor families involved. My deepest condolences to them. What an awful terrible accident. 😥 May God comfort them and give them the strength to cope until their relief comes. John 5:28,29 and Acts 24:15 will comfort them greatly at this time. Jw.org

Wayan Bo

Wednesday 2nd of June 2021

Gas alarm detector for couple of bucks could prevent such tragedy.

Randy

Friday 4th of June 2021

@Wayan Bo, This is not a daily occurence otherwise it would be like a firework each day in each home. An isolated grave incident. Poor guy.

If there is a smell it is probably leaking because it wasn't placed properly in a locked position on the gas canister or the gas tank. Always check and double check. Most villas in Bali have an open air kitchen and dining area. Perhaps there is a safety reasoning behind the local design plan.