Skip to Content

Diabetes Is Known To Be A Major Cause Of Covid-19 Deaths In Bali

Share The Article

Officials from the Bali provincial government have confirmed that diabetes is one of the major causes in the increase of Covid-19 deaths in Bali.

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

Bali Governor, I Wayan Koster confirmed that according to the data from Covid-19 Handling Task Force, diabetes has been contributing to the increase of Covid-19 deaths on the island. “According to our data, around 63% of the deaths from Covid-19 patients in Bali were caused by pre existing diseases, while the other 37% were from Covid-19 itself.” Koster said on Friday (30/7).

Officials have confirmed that the province of Bali has been appointed as the fastest Covid-19 vaccine distributor in Indonesia.
(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

Koster explained that among all the pre existing diseases that the Covid-19 patients suffered prior to their deaths, diabetes has been recorded as the highest number. “Among all the patients who had health issues prior to their deaths, 28.1% of them suffered with diabetes, 17.9% suffered with hypertension, 17.9% had kidney problem, 11.1% suffered heart disease, 9.3% had lung problems, and the rest also suffered with some other type of disease which got worse when they got  infected with Covid-19.” Koster added.

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

He also said that in accordance with the central government’s policy, Bali was instructed to increase the tracing target in order to accelerate Covid-19 handling on the island. “We will increase our tracing target by testing 8 people who previously had contact with 1 Covid-19 patient. So we aim to test around 8,000 to 10,000 people per day.” Koster concluded. However, Koster reminds that Covid-19 cases in Bali might surge once this program is implemented as many more people will be tested. But he also claims that this is still the best way to reduce the fatality rate of Covid-19 on the island.

A 13-year-old student lost consciousness after receiving the Covid-19 vaccine at the vaccination site in Sukawati, Gianyar.
(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

Read Today’s Breaking News Headlines In Bali

For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community

bali sun group
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS

Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.

The Bali provincial government expects to finish their Covid-19 vaccination program by September 2021.
Previous
The Covid-19 Vaccine Distribution In Bali Is Expected To Finish By September
Man Arrested For Possession of 'Gorilla Tobacco' In Bali
Next
Man Arrested For Possession of 'Gorilla Tobacco' In Bali