Head of the Bali provincial tourism office Mr Putu Astawa, says that Chinese tourists will be returning to Bali as early as June 15th.
Minister of Tourism, Wishnutama Kusubandio held a video conference on Saturday where tourism leaders discussed future dates for reopening their regions.
Indonesian President Joko Widodo, also has been optimistic about seeing a huge ‘boom in tourism” when the COVID-19 pandemic has ended
Astawa said that the Provincial Government of Bali is focused on having no new Covid-19 cases and Bali will soon be in the recovery phase which will allow to bring Chinese tourists back to the island,
China is only reporting a handful of new cases daily over the last week and Saturday fell to the lowest increase sinch March 17th.
China has already reopened domestic travel in parts of the country last week as thousands of tourists packed popular parks.
Astawa stressed that if China did see another increase in cases, the decision to allow Chinese tourists in Bali would be pushed back until July or August.
According the chairman of the Bali Tourism Board, Ida Bagus Agung Partha Adnyana, serveral hotels will begin operating on May 15th.
For the latest Bali news, Debate & Gossip join our Facebook Community