Share The Story

The Buleleng Regency has asked the Bali Governor to impose to regulations on self isolation as COVID-19 cases surge.

“Apparently in Singaraja, Buleleng Covid-19 is still far from over. Two more people have died after testing positive with Covid-19 in Buleleng this morning.”, said Buleleng Regent, Putu Agus Suradnyana.

Buleleng has 24 deaths from Covid-19 so far since the pandemic began. 

Buleleng Regent Putu Agus Suradnyana and Deputy Regent Nyoman Sutjindra.
Buleleng Regent Putu Agus Suradnyana and Deputy Regent Nyoman Sutjindra (Image: Radar Bali)

Based on the surging Covid-19 cases, Agus is urging the governor to issue a decree that regulates self isolation protocols for asymptomatic and mild symptom patients.

bali corona virus 2

“In my opinion, self isolation at home is not effective to control transmission. I’ve seen a significant increase in number of cases from this leniency”, Agus said during an interview on Friday Sept 18, 2020 in his office.

26 Foreigners Have Lost Their Lives In Indonesia Since The Outbreak Began

Agus also said that a policy to implement stricter monitoring for self isolation patients has been discussed with Bali Covid-19 Task Force before.

Buleleng wants patients to be quarantined in a hotel or hospital or have full surveillance for self isolation at home. “We can’t do much, since we haven’t had instruction from the governor and we also need additional budget to do so,” Agus concluded.

For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community

SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS

Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun's latest breaking news, straight to your inbox

Facebook Comments