Bali Governor, I Wayan Koster, has stated that the in-person learning that started on Monday (3/1) must continue despite the Omicron variant transmission in Indonesia.
“All our activities such as in-person learning at schools and the upcoming international events scheduled in Bali won’t be affected by this Omicron variant as long as all the prevention protocols are properly implemented,” Koster said on Monday (3/1).
He also assures the public that all the people who had contact with the domestic tourists who contracted Omicron during their stay in Bali had already tested negative from Covid-19.
Meanwhile, the Head of the Bali Education, Youth, and Sports Agency, I Ketut Ngurah Boy Jayawibawa, confirmed that face-to-face classes have already started with 100 percent capacity. All high schools and special schools across the island can meet for 6 hours every day, under the supervision of the Bali Health Agency.
The Head of the Bali Health Agency, Dr. I Ketut Suarjaya, stated that the in-person learning was initiated following the latest Decision Letter signed by the Health Minister, the Home Affairs Minister, the Religion Minister, and the Educational Minister.
“The in-person learning program will be supervised by the Covid-19 Handling Task Force and the Health Agency to ensure the safety of students and staff,” Dr. Suarjaya said.
He also explained that authorities would stop the program once a Covid-19 transmission occurs due to face-to-face classes. “Should transmission happen, we’ll immediately close down affected schools and facilities to avoid further risk,” Dr. Suarjaya concluded.
Plan Your Next Bali Vacation:
Book The Best English Speaking Drivers For Airport Transfers & Tours
Choose From Thousands of Bali Hotels, Resorts, and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.