Skip to Content

Bali Student Loses Consciousness After Receiving Covid-19 Vaccine

Share The Article

Last Updated

A 13-year-old student lost consciousness after receiving the Covid-19 vaccine at the vaccination site in Sukawati, Gianyar.

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

The Head of the Gianyar Education Agency, I Wayan Sadra confirmed that one of the students who attended the vaccination site in Sukawati on Monday (5/7) had lost consciousness after getting the Covid-19 vaccine. “The girl collapsed moments after receiving the vaccine this morning, but thankfully she gained her consciousness back after receiving some treatments from the doctor.” Sadra said on Monday (5/7).

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

According to information from the doctor at the vaccination site, the incident occurred when the student attended the vaccination site to receive the Covid-19 vaccine as it was instructed by the government. She passed all medical screening prior to receiving her shot. “Her overall health condition was good, she hasn’t been infected with Covid-19, she doesn’t have heart issues, blood deviation, or respiratory problems. ” said the doctor.

Right after receiving the Sinovac vaccine, her condition suddenly dropped, causing her to lose consciousness. After a few hours of receiving medical attention by the doctor, the student was allowed to go home as her condition became more stable. During the investigation, the student admitted that prior to the vaccination, she was scared, causing her to be unable to fall asleep the night before.  “We have previously warned our students to be upfront about their physical condition and tell the doctor how they are feeling without hesitation, as it would help the doctor determine whether they would receive the vaccine or not.” Sadra concluded.

(Image: ©The Bali Sun – I Wayan Yatika)

Read Today’s Breaking News Headlines In Bali

For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community

bali sun group
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS

Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.

The Tourism Association in the Karangasem region has confirmed that hundreds of hotel reservations from domestic visitors have been canceled due to the latest policy to impose an emergency partial lockdown in Bali.
Previous
Hundreds Of Hotel Reservations Canceled Due To The Emergency Partial Lockdown In Bali
A 56-year-old Russian national named Evgenii Bagriantsev has been arrested for extorting an expat from Uzbekistan in Bali.
Next
Russian National Arrested After Extorting Thousands Of Dollars From An Expat In Bali