A Circle K convenience store in Denpasar was robbed for the second time early Wednesday morning (4/8).
The Head of the Denpasar Public Relations Officer, Iptu I Ketut Sukadi confirmed that the incident occurred when the store was closed on Wednesday, and that the officers are trying to identify the perpetrator from the surveillance footage. “Based on the surveillance camera, the perpetrator was wearing a hat, black facemask, black pants and was carrying a white bag during his operation. We’re currently trying to collect more evidence from the surrounding area in order to help identify the suspect.” Iptu Sukadi said on Wednesday (4/8).
After previously getting broken into on July 8th 2021, the convenience store that is located on Jalan Gatot Subroto Timur was robbed for a second time during Bali’s emergency partial lockdown. The incident was first recognized by Ni Putu Meita Kasnita (age 23) and Dwi Putri Lestari (age 26) who have been working at the store. “We were shocked when we arrived in the morning around 5:49am and noticed that the door was broken. This is exactly what happened during the first incident back in the beginning of July.” Lestari said.
Lestari immediately reported the incident to her senior officer, Gede Tomi before filing a police report. Iptu Sukadi explained that the suspect managed to break into the store by shattering the glass with a crowbar and stole dozens of cigarettes. “The perpetrator managed to steal 62 packages of cigarettes and left the scene in under 5 minutes.” Iptu Sukadi added. An investigation about this case is still underway.
Plan Your Next Bali Vacation:
Book The Best English Speaking Drivers For Airport Transfers & Tours
Choose From Thousands of Bali Hotels, Resorts, and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.