A Yoga facility called ‘Moksa Temple’ caught on fire on Thursday morning (11/11) around 8:40 am, completely destroying it.
The Head of Gianyar Public Civil Service Officer, I Gede Watha confirmed that a yoga facility that is located in Banjar Nyuh Kuning, Mas Village Ubud caught on fire on the same day (on Thursday 11/11) as a big Hindu celebration called Galungan Day. “After receiving a report regarding the incident, we immediately deployed two fire trucks and 8 personnel to put out the fire,” Watha said on Thursday.
Watha explained that despite destroying the entire building, he was grateful that nobody was injured during the incident. “Thankfully, nobody was hurt from the incident, but the property that was estimated worth around USD 3,500 (IDR 50 million) that belongs to a 53-year-old man, I Made Suambara, was completely destroyed,” Watha added.
Meanwhile the Official from Banjar Nyuh Kuning, I Wayan Eka Putra confirmed that the incident occurred due to a short in an electrical circuit. “Officials from the National Electrical Company (PLN) have confirmed that the incident was caused by an electrical short circuit. And things got worse as the building was constructed with flammable materials such as bamboo and reed roof, causing the fire to spread rapidly.” Watha concluded.
Plan Your Next Bali Vacation:
Book The Best English Speaking Drivers For Airport Transfers & Tours
Choose From Thousands of Bali Hotels, Resorts, and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.