Bali Vice Governor, Tjokorda Oka Artha Ardhana Sukawati (Cok Ace) hopes to establish a China-Bali travel corridor in the near future. As COVID-19 cases are starting to decrease on the island, government officials have begun discussing plans to reopen international borders and travel bubbles.
Cok Ace explained that according to the Covid-Free Corridor Program that was initiated by the central government, Bali will reopen its border to selected countries.
“Our target is China because they succeeded in handling the pandemic through their vaccination program,” Cok Ace said during a webinar called SAKIRA (Saatnya Kita Bicara / Time For Us To Speak) on Thursday (25/2).
The webinar was held by the Indonesian Travel Agency Association (ASITA) to discuss the topic, “When Will Bali Open The Border?”.
Cok Ace said that the implementation of prevention protocols is the most important matter if people want borders to reopen.
Additionally, he claimed that Bali is at the second rank in compliance with prevention protocols across Indonesia.
“98.3 percent of people in Bali have complied with the protocols, and this is a good thing for us in order to attract and gain trust from international visitors,” Cok Ace added.
Cok Ace plans to promote tourism on the island with a slightly different approach, by showcasing a safe environment for travelers visiting the island.
“We used to promote our nature and culture, but in the future, we will also show the world that Bali is actively implementing all health and safety protocols,” Cok Ace concluded.
However, he reminds ASITA members that before reopening the border, Bali is required to distribute the vaccine to at least 75% of people on the island, which is why Cok Ace previously urged the central government to prioritize Bali when allocating vaccine supply.
For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.