The Indonesian President, Joko Widodo has approved 10 proposals that have been requested by the Governor of Bali to revive their economy.
During a meeting that was attended by several ministries such as the State Secretary Minister, Tourism Minister, Finance Minister, Governor of Indonesian Bank and the Bali Governor on Monday morning (7/6) around 9:30am, President Jokowi invited them to discuss several main topics. Such as, the Covid-19 vaccine distribution in Bali, optimizing domestic tourism, prevention protocol implementation, reopening of the international travel corridor and optimizing creative economy in Bali.
During the meeting, Koster also proposed 10 requests to help Bali’s economy recover. The requests included:
– another 3 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine for Bali residents in order to finish the vaccination program by July 2021
– optimizing domestic tourism by providing special incentives
– optimizing the ‘Work From Bali Program” by reaching all the government’s institutions and ministries
– hosting more big international events in Bali
– proposing to reopen the international travel bubble by the end of July 2021
– continue the cash assistance program for the Bali tourism sector
– extending the instalment period for tourism businesses
– providing new skill set training program for Bali people
– providing soft loan programs for the tourism sector
– allowing Bali to host virtual Bali Arts Festival on July 12th 2021
After discussing and considering all aspects and conditions, the President has approved all 10 proposals that were requested by the Bali Governor. “President Jokowi has finally agreed and instructed related ministries to help us implement all these programs in near future.” Koster said.