A fire has completely destroyed a house in Subaya Village, Kintamani on Saturday afternoon Sept 12th 2020. A 70-year-old I Wayan Sayang reported the fire to police on Sunday morning after the house had burned to the ground.
“On Saturday afternoon, me and my 67-year-old wife were working on the field, she heard something was rumbling so headed back to our house. The fire was already large and it was too late,” Sayang said.
The couple lost all of their belongings in the fire.
Head of Bangli Police Department, AKP Sulhadi investigated the area and explained that the fire was most likely caused by an electrical short circuit.
The short circuits have become a common problem for homes in Bali as people lack the knowledge of proper installation when they build the house. “Proper electrical installation is very important, to minimize any risk that could cost lives in some cases”, Sulhadi stated.
For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community