Share The Story

Bali will be turning away travelers coming from COVID-19 red zones in Indonesia following President Joko Widodo’s move to ban the mudik homecoming exodus this year to curb the spread of the coronavirus. 

“For people coming from areas that have implemented the Large-Scale Social Restrictions (PSBB), they will be turned away to their respective origins because they have also violated the policy put in place by their regions,” Bali Governor Wayan Koster said on Saturday, as quoted by Detik

Bali Governor Wayan Koster launched the ‘We Love Bali’ movement on Mar. 6. Photo Bali Provincial Government

As experts continued to warn of the risks that the annual homecoming exodus will spread COVID-19 from urban centers to rural areas on a massive scale, Jokowi finally announced the mudik ban last week, which went into effect on April 24.

Koster said only those with valid and urgent reasons will be allowed to enter the island, such as those concerning logistics, health, security, and state matters.

police indo

Residents holding identity cards (KTP) issued from Bali province are also subject to strict health protocols upon arriving on the island, which will involve rapid tests and a possible quarantine.

 

“We have to truly fortify Bali well. But we will still tolerate those with urgent and emergency matters,” the governor said. 

Bali Turning Away Domestic Travelers From Red Zones

As of yesterday afternoon, Bali has reported 215 COVID-19 cases, including 88 recoveries and four deaths. Koster previously said that Bali still has a “long way to go” before implementing PSBB, citing the lack of local transmission as a reason not to do so.

For the latest Bali news, Debate & Gossip join our Facebook Community

Post Sponsored by Bali Flow Tours: Your #1 Tour Guide and airport transfer service when Bali reopens

Source:Coconuts

Facebook Comments