The Bali Restaurant and Hotel Association has decided to cancel their plan to rally against the current travel requirements.
The Deputy Chief of Cultural and Public Relations from the Bali Restaurant and Hotel Association, IGN Suryawijaya, confirmed that the plan to rally against the travel requirements was cancelled after a meeting with Bali Governor, I Wayan Koster.
“After meeting with the Governor and communicating with the Tourism Minister regarding our issue, we’ve realized that we have similar perceptions and goals. So this is not only about the rally,” Suryawijaya said on Tuesday (21/12).
However, Suryawijaya explained that despite cancelling the rally, the Bali tourism sector still asked the central government to revise travel policies for international tourists, including :
- Revoking the quarantine policy or appointing Bali as the quarantine island where visitors are able to choose their preferred CHSE (Clean Health Safety and Environment) certified hotels.
- Allowing visitors to apply for the electronic visa (E-visa) without any sponsors or reactivating the VOA for countries with low risk of Covid-19 transmission.
- Revoking the direct flight policy, as most airline companies might require several stop-overs in order to receive more passengers for their flights.
- Allowing Australia and European countries to gain access into the island as they had the biggest contribution to Bali’s economy prior to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Reducing the insurance policy to USD $50,000 for international visitors.
“A rally is not a solution as it might damage the image and reputation of our tourism sector in the international world,” Suryawijaya concluded.
Plan Your Next Bali Vacation:
Book The Best English Speaking Drivers For Airport Transfers & Tours
Choose From Thousands of Bali Hotels, Resorts, and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.