Share The Story

The Bali Provincial Health Office surveillance team has been tracking people who came in close contact with the British tourist who died from the Coronavirus. The search started two days ago, even though the results from the national lab had not been released to the public yet. 

“As a result, we found that the tourist had contact with other people. We have received the data,” said the Secretary of the Bali Province, Dewa Made Indra when giving a press statement with the Head of the Bali Provincial Health Service, dr. Ketut Suarjaya in Denpasar on Wednesday.

According to Dewa Indra, there were 21 people who had been in close contact with the British woman from when she arrived in  Bali until her death at the Sanglah Hospital. This includes hotles where the woman and her family stayed overnight.

coronavirus press conference bali

Everyone that came into contact with the British woman is now isolated in their homes and have been tested for the coronavirus. 

Tests have now been sent to Jakarta and health officials are awaiting results. 

According to Dewa Indra, among the 21 people was the victim’s husband. 

Dewa Indra added that they carried out the investigation to trace who had direct contact before there was a lab result because the victim was already under surveillance. “The Coronavirus handling procedure is done without waiting for positive results.” Indra said. 

For the latest Bali news, Debate & Gossip join our Facebook Community

the-bali-sun-group

Post Sponsored by Bali Flow Tours: Travelers #1 choice for private tours and airport transfers in Bali

Facebook Comments