Share The Story

The total number of positive COVID-19 cases in Bali jumped to six today, according to the latest official data from the Indonesian government, with local officials attributing two new cases to foreign patients at Tabanan General Hospital. 

I Nyoman Suratmika, chief of Tabanan regency’s Health Agency, said lab results for two foreign nationals came out positive. As reported by Kompas, they are in stable condition and now placed under isolation. 

Bali has so far recorded two deaths due to the novel coronavirus. The first death was a 53-year-old British woman who died at Sanglah General Hospital on March 11, while the second death, that of a 72-year-old foreign national, was announced last Friday.

Mother of Four Who Died In Bali From The Coronavirus Has Been Named
Mother of Four Kimberley Finlayson Died In Bali From The Coronavirus

The second death has been traced back to a man who was found dead on his motorcycle on Jalan Imam Bonjol, Denpasar on March 15. Police previously said that the incident shouldn’t be tied to the coronavirus and that the man died from suspected alcohol poisoning, though his body was then recovered by a team of medical staff in protective suits. On Saturday, local media outlets confirmed with Sanglah that the same man, who is reportedly a French national, had tested positive for COVID-19.

The regional secretary of Bali provincial government, Dewa Made Indra, said during a press conference today that there are currently 102 patients under surveillance in Bali.

As of this afternoon, Indonesia has confirmed a total of 579 COVID-19 cases, including 49 deaths and 30 recoveries.

For the latest Bali news, Debate & Gossip join our Facebook Community

Post Sponsored by Bali Flow Tours: Travelers #1 choice for private tours and airport transfers in Bali

Source: Coconuts

Facebook Comments